It is a painful medical condition in which there is pus formation & infection in appendix located between small & large intestine
It is a surgical emergency & requires urgent attention.
6 to 10 % will have appendicitis at some point in lifetime.
Symptoms & Diagnosis
Assessment of patient includes Examination by Surgeon along with
Infection or obstruction of lumen of appendix or stone like formation called appendicolith
Following are risk factors.
- Surgery / Operation is best treatment for appendicitis.
Treatment with medicines may not be effective & can be risky.
- Short Hospital stay
- Fast recovery
- Minimal pain
- Less chances of infection
- Less chance of missing other causes of pain
Early Diagnosis & Surgical Intervention means less side effects.
- Stitch infection
- Bowel Obstruction ( If Treatment is delayed )
- Light diet in initial few days
- Quite safe in most patients
- Walking is advisable for early recovery
- Trace Biopsy report & get it checked with your surgeon
- It is surgical emergency & disease becomes critical.
- Your Surgeon may have to cut open & remove part of intestine if disease has spread to surrounding organs
- Cut might be bigger than usual surgery
Monday – Saturday
Morning10.00 AM – 12.30 PM
Evening04.30 PM – 06.00 PM