It is infection or pus formation in Crypts of glands present near the anal canal resulting in Severe Pain, Fever, Sepsis.
It may lead to fistula in ano if timely treatment not taken commonly called as Bhagandar.
Symptoms & Diagnosis
Severe pain – Constant , Throbbing
Redness & Swelling besides anus
Inability to sit
Rupture with Pus or boil
Assessment of patient as per following
Perianal Absces Treatment
Operation or Surgery
Proctologist & Colorectal Surgeon
Transanal or as close to anal verge as possible
Fistulotomy / Fistulectomy may be needed if determined for fast recovery & avoid recurrence
Pus Culture report may be sent for accurate evaluation
There is no medical treatment of perianal abscess.
- Antibiotics & Medicines without surgery is wrong & inadequate treatment with high chances of developing complications in Future course
They are classified on basis of location as
Submucosal / Intermuscular
- Fistula in Ano ( 75 – 80 % chance if only antibiotics & medicines )
- Death if severe septic shock
Warm Water Sitz bath
Do not pack wound with gauze dressing after 1st day – As it increases pain
Laxatives & Stool Softeners
High fiber diet
Control Sugar if diabetic
Local Hygiene of wound
Bleeding ( 1 – 2 % )
Fistula in ano ( 20 – 40 % )
Incontinence ( 1-5 %)
- Results depend on timing of operation as soon as possible.
- Patients with early diagnosis & surgery have best success rates.
- Delay in diagnosis & Only medical or antibiotics treatment have Long hospital stay, High recurrence rates & need for repeated surgeries.
- Depends on Experience, Skills, Knowledge & training of your surgeon for better treatment outcomes.
Clear the pus / abscess
Identify surrounding infection
Identify fistula tract if any
Monday – Saturday
Morning10.00 AM – 12.30 PM
Evening04.30 PM – 06.00 PM